The most perfect supplement may be fish oil.
Numerous studies have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt the awesomeness of fish oil, whether through a supplement or the real thing.
Fatty fish like salmon, tuna and mackerel have fats that can produce fish oil. Fish oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids which are recommended by health-care professionals to be included in a individual’s diet. Omega-3 acids are mainly docosahexaenoic acid or DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid or EPA.
Omega- fatty acids are essential in cell building. It is important to get them from our diet since the body cannot produce this kind of acid. Research showed that Omega-3 plays a significant role in brain and fetal development during pregnancy and infancy. Fish oil has been proven to provide numerous health benefits.
Fish oil can:
• Improve brain development and memory. There are studies showing that DHA actually plays a major role in brain functions. Low levels of DHA can increase the risk of having Alzheimer’s disease. Intake f fish oil during pregnancy is also recommended. According to a research conducted by the University of Western Australia showed that pregnant women who ingest fish oil supplement actually give birth to babies with better hand and eye coordination, better in speech and better cognitive development at the age of two and a half.
Aside from Alzheimer’s disease, fish oil can also help in reducing the risk of other mental illnesses like depression, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) among children, dyspraxia, bipolar disorder and dyslexia.
• Reduce the risk of heart attack. Even if the DHA and EPA are fatty acids, they can reduce cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure. It helps in preventing blood clots in the heart. So aside from heart attacks, fish oil is also important in reducing risks of coronary heart disease.
• Reduce the risk of cancer. Researches have showed that fish oil can help in reducing risks of developing breast, prostate and colon cancer. They stop the growth of cancerous cells and inhibit its growth. For postmenopausal women, those who consume more Omega-3 fatty acids from salmon and mackerel or fish oil supplements are less likely to develop breast cancer.
• Reduce the effects or helping patients deal with lupus, arthritis, colitis and asthma. Its natural anti-inflammatory capabilities can reduce pain brought by inflammatory arthritis and gastritis.
• Help improve the body overall. Fish oil can help in producing serotonin, the happy hormones. Happiness can help a lot of people deal with stress and other emotional issues which can totally improve a person’s emotional and mental disposition. They can also revitalize and rejuvenate skin, reduce wrinkles, weight loss and improve eyesight. It is even said that fish oil can reduce acne and make your hair a lot better.
• Here’s the biggie for lifters: fish oil promotes lean body mass and muscle growth! How bout that kiddies. It can make you leaner and more muscular.
Fish oil is very important to have in your supplement arsenal. if you’re not taking it, start today. Not only will it help you in your muscle building efforts, it may just help you live longer.
With the new year comes resolutions galore.
Some will keep them and accomplish their goals for 2011, but most will give up by February.
One of the biggest goals for weight trainers and fitness buffs is getting the ever elusive six-pack abs.
Why does every guy dream of having a ‘Hollywood type’ six pack? Obviously six packs have come to represent something just more than a nice looking body. With the advertising campaigns it seems for most guys six packs have become synonymous with masculinity.
The first thing about getting a six pack is about working on getting the right kind of diet and figuring out the correct type of workout. You don’t need to kill yourself with six hours at the gym each day in order to get a six pack fast. It’s not just about excessive workouts. It’s about hitting the right combination of diet and exercise. This will definitely help you to get a six pack fast.
Start with trying to improve your metabolism. This would mean regular workouts and eating more, smaller meals. Cut down on starchy food if you want to get a six pack fast. Instead try to eat food with more proteins. Some would also advise you not to eat after six in the evening as your metabolism rate would slow down after that time. In order to get a six pack fast you should work hard on improving your metabolism, and the better your metabolism the faster would be your weight loss.
Cut down especially on pizzas, fried meat, chocolates and cakes. These would be your greatest enemies when trying to get a six pack fast. Having to stop eating your favorite food might not be easy but it’s very necessary in order to lose weight. Remember that the newest flashiest exercise equipment might not help you all that much when trying to get a six pack fast. Trying to lose fat only on a specific area of the body is bound to end in failure. You can’t spot reduce.
There are thousands of videos, manuals and blogs that would give you different tips on how to get a six pack fast. Don’t run after fads and stick to the proven methods. Advice from your physician about this matter could also be very helpful. Also remember that even if you get a six pack fast your body might not look like all those models you see on TV. Everyone has a different body and you need to realize that.
Getting six pack abs is achievable and the main way is through diet. Doing massive sets of crunches won’t. Abs, especially six packs show up when bodyfat percentage goes down. For men, it’s around 9% or less.
Train hard, lift heavy, and keep a clean diet. Lower your bodyfat and come summertime, you’ll be showing off those six-packs and all the work you did to get them.
The new year is a time for resolutions, goal setting, and assessing where you are in life.
A big key to starting the new year off on the right foot is to get some momentum built up right out of the gate in January.
Here’s a way to do that with your weight training.
High Intensity Training, HIT for short, was founded by Arthur Jones in the mid-60s and slowly but surely found its way into the mainstream.
While HIT has gone through different incarnations and modalities, some basic principles of Jones’ theories remain:
- Train to failure
- Use only 1-2 Sets
- Use compound, multi-joint movements
- Perform these exercises 2-3 times per week
- Heavy weight with max intensity
I’ve trained various ways throughout my lifting life, but no matter what, I always come back to HIT.
Because it works. Period.
If you’d like to start the new year right, try this basic HIT program for about 4-6 weeks and watch how fast your strength and physique improves.
Perform this total body workout twice a week with heavy weights, (whatever is heavy is for you), with 1-2 sets per exercise. For best results be sure to drink lots of water, get plenty of rest, and eat good, healthy food.
Basic HIT Workout
Overhead Press 1-2 x 8-10
Pulldown 1-2 x 8-10
Bench Press or Dips 1-2 x 8-10
Bent Over Row 1-2 x 8-10
Squats/Deadlifts 1 x 10-12 (Perform squats one workout, deadlifts another)
Regain youth and vitality, lose weight, treat diseases, increase height of children, and counter the effects of growth deficiency are just some of the reasons why the use of human growth hormone supplements and injections is getting more popular nowadays.
But little do people know that increasing human growth hormone to achieve all these goals does not depend mainly on synthetic HGH products. One can actually increase HGH the natural way and the way to do it is with anaerobic workouts, aka lifting heavy freakin’ weights!
What is an anaerobic workout?
Anaerobic workout is basically a strenuous exercise which is implemented for muscle strengthening purpose. With its literal meaning “without or lacking oxygen”, anaerobic workouts don’t rely on oxygen to produce energy, thus this is performed in quick yet short sessions so that heavy amounts of oxygen are not used. This is proven to help increase HGH production in the body, thus there’s no need for costly HGH treatments and potentially harmful HGH supplements.
What are some examples of a good anaerobic workout?
Since an anaerobic workout is an intense exercise, it includes activities such as sprinting (intervals), and lifting weights. Boxing is also a good anaerobic exercise, with its punch combinations done in short spurts.
What are the advantages of an anaerobic workout?
Because of the little time required to perform this type of exercise, it’s perfect for people with busy schedules.
The following benefits associated with increased human growth hormone:
1.) Stronger bones
2.) Increased stamina
4.) Muscular atrophy prevention
5.) Increased muscular power
6.) Adequate muscle mass production
Who are not recommended to do anaerobic workout?
Although there are known advantages in performing anaerobic workout to increase human growth hormone in the body, this may not be appropriate to everyone including the following:
1.) Individuals with joint/muscle problems or injuries
2.) Pregnant women
3.) Individuals who do not exercise on a regular basis
New studies have also shown that performing a hard workout while in a fasted state can release HGH throughout the body.
With all the scam HGH products and supplements, together with costly HGH treatments, it is really good to know that there is an effective way to increase human growth hormone the natural way. You won’t have to worry about the associated risks or side effects of synthetic HGH supplements or injections.
All you really need is to exert max effort to achieve the results that you want.
Reaching your peak mentally and physically is the goal, but not at the expense of your health. If you want to get big and reach your full genetic potential – don’t take shortcuts.
The only way to increase your HGH and keep your health is by doing it the natural way. That means heavy muscle-building exercises like the squat, deadlift and bench press, done at maximum intensity.
Gaining muscle is not going to happen if there is no determination.
For one thing, it takes work to gain muscles; there is no doubt about it. You have to invest a lot of time and patience. You must have full commitment to meet your goals. But aside from just going under a rigorous training program, there are certain aspects one must consider. All of these together can help make a program effective and let you achieve your goal in the fastest time possible.
Here are three essential steps which can greatly improve your muscle building success rate.
- Proper Diet – A lot of people misconstrue the word “diet.” Many think that diet equates to starving one’s self. All a diet means that a person, depending on his goal, has the proper and correct food intake. If you are thinking of gaining muscle and weight, then eating more calories than you burn when you have an extensive workout would be necessary to fuel the growth of muscles. You need to have a balanced intake of protein, carbs and fats. Information on bodybuilding and other eating programs are all over the ‘Net. Just do a Google search to find one that’s right for you.
- Develop a strength training program – Muscles are built when they are regularly pushed to the limit. Perpetual couch potatoes don’t build muscles, they grow guts. You must develop a strength training program that incorporates progressive resistance and advocates the basic compound, multi-joint movements. Your muscle will react to heavy lifting and will grow to compensate for the needed strength to lift the heavy weights. As you move on to heavier weights, the muscle will continually grow for strength compensation.
- Get sufficient rest – Contrary to popular belief, your muscles don’t grow while your lifting weights, they grow when your out of the gym. As you work out, your muscles are damaged and in need of repair. When you go to sleep, the damage done to the muscles will be repaired and this is when they grow. Try to get at least seven hours of sleep a night.
In addition, certain supplements – like creatine and fish oil – are good to have in your muscle-building arsenal. A good multi-vitamin is a must considering most individuals don’t eat right.
Commit to the basics and you’ll see your efforts will not go to waste.
Now get off that couch and start pumping iron.