The Ultimate Supplement: Fish Oil
The most perfect supplement may be fish oil.
Numerous studies have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt the awesomeness of fish oil, whether through a supplement or the real thing.
Fatty fish like salmon, tuna and mackerel have fats that can produce fish oil. Fish oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids which are recommended by health-care professionals to be included in a individual’s diet. Omega-3 acids are mainly docosahexaenoic acid or DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid or EPA.
Omega- fatty acids are essential in cell building. It is important to get them from our diet since the body cannot produce this kind of acid. Research showed that Omega-3 plays a significant role in brain and fetal development during pregnancy and infancy. Fish oil has been proven to provide numerous health benefits.
Fish oil can:
• Improve brain development and memory. There are studies showing that DHA actually plays a major role in brain functions. Low levels of DHA can increase the risk of having Alzheimer’s disease. Intake f fish oil during pregnancy is also recommended. According to a research conducted by the University of Western Australia showed that pregnant women who ingest fish oil supplement actually give birth to babies with better hand and eye coordination, better in speech and better cognitive development at the age of two and a half.
Aside from Alzheimer’s disease, fish oil can also help in reducing the risk of other mental illnesses like depression, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) among children, dyspraxia, bipolar disorder and dyslexia.
• Reduce the risk of heart attack. Even if the DHA and EPA are fatty acids, they can reduce cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure. It helps in preventing blood clots in the heart. So aside from heart attacks, fish oil is also important in reducing risks of coronary heart disease.
• Reduce the risk of cancer. Researches have showed that fish oil can help in reducing risks of developing breast, prostate and colon cancer. They stop the growth of cancerous cells and inhibit its growth. For postmenopausal women, those who consume more Omega-3 fatty acids from salmon and mackerel or fish oil supplements are less likely to develop breast cancer.
• Reduce the effects or helping patients deal with lupus, arthritis, colitis and asthma. Its natural anti-inflammatory capabilities can reduce pain brought by inflammatory arthritis and gastritis.
• Help improve the body overall. Fish oil can help in producing serotonin, the happy hormones. Happiness can help a lot of people deal with stress and other emotional issues which can totally improve a person’s emotional and mental disposition. They can also revitalize and rejuvenate skin, reduce wrinkles, weight loss and improve eyesight. It is even said that fish oil can reduce acne and make your hair a lot better.
• Here’s the biggie for lifters: fish oil promotes lean body mass and muscle growth! How bout that kiddies. It can make you leaner and more muscular.
Fish oil is very important to have in your supplement arsenal. if you’re not taking it, start today. Not only will it help you in your muscle building efforts, it may just help you live longer.